Tuesday, June 10, 2014


I love the Westboro Baptist church!

I really love them.  I used to hate them.  All of the vitriol and bile that they spew from their hateful mouths would make me question the core of humanity.  How could someone do that to another person? 


But then I saw the way in which people reacted to them.  Everywhere they went people gathered in opposition; but not with anger, with love.  They gathered to shield families and let them know they are loved.  They held hands to show individuals that they are not alone.  When the Westboro leader died they did this: 


So, I love them because despite their best efforts they have done nothing but bring out the best in us.  They are like a vaccine for hate. Wherever they go, everyone just responds with fierce love!  I don't often claim to speak for Jesus but I think this time, we are doing exactly what Jesus would do! Thank God for Westboro! Thank you for reminding us that there are more good people in this world than bad and that the answer to hate is not hate, it is simply to love more.  


1 comment:

  1. Did you see the high school protest where all of the students came out in support of their gay principle? Pretty impressive. The times are changing. Tipping points are about to hit.

    ReplyDelete